Saturday, July 18, 2015

Waist Training- The Corset

In Spring of 2014, I learned a new dance. Upon finding my Staff of Power through the Divine Feminine I learned my very own Snake Dance. My body showed me how. And your's can show you too.

I danced to shed skins and bid farewell to those battered parts of Self that were ready to die and be reborn. 
                                                ...
The body, once 'set free' said to me; "Purchase a corset." So I did. It had been a year since I started my 'Beautiful Body Blog'... I had just turned forty-two, and my first book was about to be published.

With the birth of my first-born (book) coming, I felt anxious and ungrounded. So many parts of myself had come unraveled over the four years it took to write Confessions of a Spiritual Apprentice. I had spent so long writing and reviewing my life's story, that I wasn't sure who I was anymore. 'That was me then...who am I now?'

Thus .. the call of the corset! I shopped around, read reviews and decided to 'try' it out with a less expensive version for $50 I found on the internet. In the meantime, I accosted an old belt from my closet. It was thick and wide. I would belt that sucker on until my figure looked like an hourglass. Only thing is, I could not take wearing it for more than two hours at a time. It would feel fine., okay maybe strange., okay very difficult... and then out of nowhere, my kidneys would begin screaming at me, sending sharp pangs through my side body. I knew it was my body's way of saying 'take it off!'. So I did. 

Finally the corset came! After much anticipation, I was disappointed. I know,... you get what you pay for. I knew it was not the 'real thing' when ordering it too...but I did have high hopes it would be something I could at least work with! Upon putting it on, the clasps did not stay in place and the boning was way too soft to have any affect on my shape. After several attempts to work it, I had to realize 'it' was not working at all. 
                                                                                                                      ...
A year later, I am experimenting with Waist Training. Keep an eye out for more Beautiful Body posts on my journey. xo Tuesday    
www.tuesdaymaythomas.com

No comments:

Post a Comment