Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Take the Stairs!




Hello Beautiful Bodies! I have been doing my best to keep up with blog posts and promise to continue giving you juicy reading and informative insight. My book Confessions of a Spiritual Apprentice will be published and available very soon... I have been busy putting the finishing touches on it to make sure I meet my March 2014 goal. So forgive me for not posting as often. 

You have given me some great ideas to research and write about in upcoming blogposts, including a 'how to' create a dynamic and varied workout routine at the gym, daily food planner ideas, how to count protein in your diet, along with more recipes and as promised, MORE WORKOUT VIDEOS! You've been asking for an everyday ten minute ab routine to do at home, and an all over body sculpt video that mirrors a lot of the moves from the classes we share. I am happy to say its all in the works! 

For today, lets talk about how often you take the stairs. I work at two gyms in the Downtown area and can't tell you how often I see students taking the escalators up and down, before and after class or working out. Then they complain about not getting results at the gym. REALLY? Yes! Really! If you are dragging along the escalator, does this mean you are also dragging at the gym? Are you putting  effort into what your doing?

If you want results, you gotta put the effort in, and that means challenging yourself in your breath, (breathe deeply when exercising to get oxygenated), in your physical form (do your best not to slouch when working out and keep to what you know are the rules of each exercise), and be methodical (avoid going through exercises sloppily and quickly, this can cause injury and can do more harm than good.) Little if any results come from a sloppy workout.

A little over a year ago, when I decided to take back my butt, I made a vow to myself- to never take the escalator unless I was injured, had a raging hangover (which happens rarely by the way!), or if there was just absolutely no other way to get where I am going.

If you want to enjoy strong, toned, beautiful, tight legs- you have to take every opportunity to take the stairs. I know, I know- sometimes it just happens, like you are somewhere new and don't realize how close the stairs are, so you end up taking the escalator, or you usually park on the eight floor and take the elevator up or down. I get it, I do it too. After a major workout, walking eight flights of stairs can be a lot, and deserves extra points! But I'm not talking about those extra long hauls, no- I'm talking about the every day stairs that allow you to take maybe fifty to one hundred more steps that usual each day.

Heres an idea, when walking up the stairs, try taking a double step each time. Squeeze your butt and work that stride for extra booty love. I recall the first time I witnessed a pal doing in this in New York I nearly feel over. But then I tried it and after finding my stride, I enjoy doing the 'two- step'- especially when properly 'shoed'. I wont try it in heels, but doesn't mean you can't!

Lots of Love,
Tuesday May





I am not a certified nutritionist, doctor or therapist. 
Please consult your healthcare professional before participating in any
 lifestyle changes you may feel are questionable to your health. 
I am not responsible for any action you resume, You are- Make it pleasurable.



No comments:

Post a Comment