Saturday, December 28, 2013

Resolution or Revolution




Resolution |ˌrezəˈloō sh ən|nouna firm decision to do or not to do something :
Revolution |ˌrevəˈloō sh ən|nouna dramatic and wide-reaching change in the way something works or is organized or in people's ideas about it :

It's that time of the year when we all feel it... The exciting potential of anything being possible, whether it be in the realm of our career life, relationships or physical being. Resolutions are great, but too often we make unrealistic promises that may be hard to hold onto... And once broken- are gone for good.

If you are serious about making changes that will last, start with 'Resolutions' and take baby steps that you know you can handle. Resolutions are great for creating small changes over time that lead to bigger leaps in time. For example, maybe you are ready to eat less red meat in your diet. You can make a resolution to only eat red meat twice a month and replace those meals where you would eat red meat, with a healthier option like fish or chicken- or even a plate of steamed veggies! Or maybe you are ready to start taking two of your favorite workout classes a week, instead of one. Schedule it into your calendar and circle the dates. Make a resolution to commit yourself to your new workout regime.

Perhaps in others areas of life, you know your'e ready for a 'Revolution', And feel ready to step it up- so go ahead and challenge yourself. Dream big, summon up your courage and take that leap of faith. An example of a revolutionary act may be to give notice at your current job because you know you are worth more/deserve more pay/need to be challenged to grow more in your line of work. Giving notice that you will be leaving your current job in two weeks will surely step up your momentum to get 'out there' and create a new form of income- maybe one you've only ever dreamt of! Another form of self revolution  may include moving to a new state or country- or finally leaving the boyfriend/girlfriend you know you should have left two years ago.

Here is an easy written exercise to help you decipher what is truly important to you as you ring in 2014.. Hooray!!! get out your journal or a piece of paper and write out the following lists/questions and answer them honestly, and with as much gusto and creativity as you can- a.k.a- dream BIG!


1. Work: Am I ready for a Resolution or a Revolution?
(a)Am I happy in my work environment?
(b)Am I happy with my work peers?
(c) Do I feel the income I receive from my job reflects my skills, talents, efforts and the time i put in each week?
(d) Is there room for growth or promotion at my current job?
(e) does my current job challenge me to stretch outside of my comfort zone, or can I do it with my eyes closed, and perhaps- asleep..haha!
(f)What would I rather be doing on a day to day basis if I didn't have to work at the job I currently have? (Go crazy, this is the part where you get to dream BIG!)

2. Body: Am I ready for a Resolution or a Revolution?
(a) Am I happy in my body?
(b) Is there a health issue that I need to address, but have been ignoring?
(c) Do I have a regular exercise routine?
(d) Do I appreciate my body on a regular basis, or do I refer to it as a separate entity that I'd rather not have to deal with?
(e) Is there a class or fitness program I have been wanting to start to take my workout in a new direction, but have been waiting for the New Year to do so?
(f) What two areas of my body am I ready to commit to loving more, and targeting in my workouts?

3. Relationships: Am I ready for a Resolution or a Revolution?
(a) Am I happy in my current romantic relationship?
If you are not in a romantic relationship currently;
(a) Am I happy in my closest friendship? If friendships are all good:
(a) Is there a specific family relationship that needs tending to?
(b) What needs to change in this relationship- if anything?
(c) How can I be more loving to myself within this relationship?
(d) How can I reflect more love to my significant other/friend/family member in this relationship?
(e) What new, healthy, and creative ways can we spend time together?
(f) Do I need to forgive this person? Or Do I need to ask them for forgiveness?

4. Diet: Am I ready for a Resolution or a Revolution?
(a) How do I describe my daily diet?
-Very Healthy
-Mostly Healthy
-I eat fast food more than twice a week.
-I never eat fresh foods or vegetables.
-I know I should eat better but just can't change my habits.
(b) Do I have health problems related to my daily diet?
(c)What needs to change, in order to relive my health problems?
(d) Are fresh vegetables a part of my daily diet?
(e) Do I find myself constipated often?
(f) Does the food I eat give me energy, or tend to drain my energy? (Soda and caffeine do not count!)

May you enjoy a Healthy, Happy, Prosperous, Love-Filled 2014!
Love and Light,
Tuesday May

I am not a certified nutritionist, doctor or therapist. 
Please consult your healthcare professional before participating in any
 lifestyle changes you may feel are questionable to your health. 
I am not responsible for any action you resume, You are- Make it pleasurable.
© Tuesday May Thomas 2013
  


No comments:

Post a Comment