Sunday, October 27, 2013

You are Not Your Body

This can be a hard concept to embrace- especially when so much of what we share at I Love my Beautiful Body blog has to do with all the ways we identify with our bodies.


Just for today, remember you are more than your body. Just for today, slip out of a limited one track  body-vision, and into a larger picture of yourself. One that embodies all the light your spirit naturally radiates.

Just for today, remember all the things in life you are grateful for. Start with your home, friends, family, talents and abilities. Perhaps allow the 'physical list' of things you are grateful for- to come after you have found at least ten or twenty other things in life to be grateful for.

Flip the script on "I am grateful for my round hips" for "I am grateful for my strong hip bones and healthy joints". Turn "I am grateful for my flat stomach" into "I am grateful for my body's ability to digest my food, emotions, and life experiences healthily."

One of mine for today is; "I am grateful for my healthy breasts". You can say "I am grateful for my healthy testicles" if you are living in a man's body.

A male pal hid from his friends for years due to testicular cancer. He fought it alone instead of including us because he was afraid we would judge or ridicule him. He had a hard time admitting what was going on to himself and others at the time. Years later- on the other side of his illness, he is grateful for his healthy body- now more than ever!

One day I was down on my body, especially my breasts. I told them how much I hated them for having stretch marks, and shrinking from a C to a B cup after much weight gain and loss over the years. After beating my body up all morning, I went to teach a yoga class. There I met the most lovely woman who was smiling, radiating a beauty from within herself that was so potent it stopped me in my tracks. She only had one breast and had recently gone through surgery for a mastectomy. After spending that first class in her presence, I was humbled by her sweet grace and powerful ability to rock her cute yoga top, her whole body- and her whole spirit with one boob. A different body than other women in class, she did not try to hide her one boob, nor did I feel like she was down on herself. Instead it seemed she had found a place beyond her body..  a place that allows her to love her body even more... and it shows.

After class I used the restroom and in a private moment, held my breasts and told them how grateful I am that they are healthy. I said a prayer to energetically erase all the hurtful emotions and words I blasted them with earlier.

Just for today, remember you are more than your body.
Remember you are you are more than your body.
You are more than your body.





I am not a certified nutritionist, doctor or therapist. 
Please consult your healthcare professional before participating in any
 lifestyle changes you may feel are questionable to your health. 
I am not responsible for any action you resume, You are- Make it pleasurable.
© Tuesday May Thomas 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment